Welcome to XMLPortletFactory Home Site
XMLPortletFactory is a software tool that creates database tables maintenance (CRUD) portlets from XML files. Portlets generated only work on Liferay portals, and come out with source files (JSPs, .java, etc.) so programmers can extend and modify whatever is being generated to suit your software development needs. In Help and Support section you will find Wikis, Tutorials and samples to get started.
With XMLPortletFactory you will be able to generate full CRUD working portlets with ease, accelerating your development process, allowing you to focus on higher level tasks.
XMLPortletFactory is licensed under the terms of GNU General Public License version 3.0 (GPLv3), and is OS Independent.
Note: XMLPortletFactory is still a young project, which ha not passed all possible tests and although is very solid and I use it in production environments, you should use it after appropriate tests.
Some of the most noticeable benefits
- Frees you of 99% coding time in CRUD table maintenance portlets. You obtain full working portlet with all source code, programmers heaven!!!.
- No more problems with versions. You make one XML file, generate portlet in all 6.0.x, 6.1.x and 6.2.x versions of Liferay.
- Forget about creating tables. Because XMLPortletFactory uses Liferay's service builder, tables are automatically created for you at portlet deployment.
- Languages English, French, Italian, Finnish and Spanish allready implemented, easy to implement other languajes.
- Is GPLv3 licensed. The GNU General Public License is a free, copyleft license for software and other kinds of works.
- Your developed XMLs get the benefits of new XMLPortletFactory developments and improvements.
- Generated portlets use Liferay's search container, tags, etc. so they have very "Liferay" behavior, melting very well with themes.
Saludos, Jack A. Rider
User of Document field and worflow
xmlportlet factory is a very interesting project. I try to use diiférent functionality feature on an entity having a document type fields and I encounter the following problems:
1) on a add action, if you have à check error error (for example, a required field without information), we have a error (with no log) because the PortalUtil.copyParameter dont work with the multipart form. Also the method ObjectFromRequest generate exception. I work on liferay 6.2 EE SP9. I see that on older versions there was a bug reported on liferay but not in 6.2?
2) When i active workflow on my entity, if i upload a document, i have a error but no log. upgrade: After search, its because, i try to upload a file who exists in the document library...
3) I active the workflow on my entity. I dont upload a document. On the worflow portlet the preview is good for the Edit action but view action on the the first time send : "no asset found". After assign to me and edit, the view is good.
Do you have some ideas for 1 and 3?
Thank you very much for your work and excuse my english!