Message Boards

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
ERROR WHEN IMPORT TO ECLIPSE
Answer
5/16/14 4:30 PM
Hi,

I make de xml (from the School Curses Example), run the xmlpf, then the files was created.
Great.

Next step, im having problems to import the project to Eclipse, the error is about the import packages.

like this...
import org.xmlportletfactory.seticadtic.controlecontratos.model.CNPJ;
import org.xmlportletfactory.seticadtic.controlecontratos.service.CNPJLocalServiceUtil;
in all Classes... like in the process to make the portlet the XMLPF doesnt create the folder, or some folders, with the base of the Classes.

in the example is the same error ...model.Courses / ...model.Students
Any help...
Thanks.

RE: ERROR WHEN IMPORT TO ECLIPSE
Answer
5/17/14 8:34 AM as a reply to pedro lages menezes.
Hola Pedro,

Can you please share a bit more of information, like versions (Liferay, OS, XMLPF...) and if posible the xml definition file.

Saludos, Jack.

Answer
5/17/14 11:53 AM as a reply to Jack A. Rider.
Hi Jack,

This last scenario was Liferay DEv Studio 2.0 / Liferay 6.2 / Java jdk1.8.0_05 / win7 / last ant version / last version
of xmlPF.

Here,in the example of the school, are provided two files, xml and War, after passing through the xmlPF, it creates a folder that is easily imported to eclipse,but many errors appear, accusing the missing packages, libraries and classes.

When I open the war file these files are there,not in WEBINF/src but in WEBINF/classes, and the generated files by XMLPF, in the same directory,  webinf/classes, not have such classes, would be some additional command to be passed by xmlpf?

I've tried on an old version of Studio1.x,with the portal in 6.1.x,but with the same errors, as I understand that the files generated byXMLPF are not complete to use into eclipse.

I know I'm making a critical error in my dev liferay beginning, because where I'll putthis Portlet is 6.1.x.liferay portal.
Well, here I am able tofollow all the instructions that are given to me, I want to open the eclipse and refine my needs, just this.

Thanks in advance.

The .xml is atacched, but is just a copy of the scholl, where after solve this problem, i will make a complete version of the xml and goes to eclipse.
Attachments: ADTIC_CONTROL.xml (12.7k)

Answer
5/18/14 3:52 PM as a reply to pedro lages menezes.
Hola Pedro,

Just read your reply, I haven't tested yet but, maybe you can try 2 things here.

1.- remember to make the "ant build-service" before start editing your project in eclipse. It will generate the files you are missing.
         2.- Use java 1.7.  I am not sure 1.8 is supported.

Get back with the results.

Saludos, Jack.

Answer
5/19/14 1:41 PM as a reply to pedro lages menezes.
hi Pedro,

are you importing those portlets as a Liferay Portlet project or as any other project type?

Answer
5/19/14 4:44 PM as a reply to Juan G..
Juan G.:
hi Pedro,

are you importing those portlets as a Liferay Portlet project or as any other project type?

Liferay Project From Existing source.

Answer
5/19/14 4:52 PM as a reply to Jack A. Rider.
Great, Jack.

Lets go,

Java 1.7 - Done.
Java Path - Done.
Execute XMLPF schoolExample.xml - Done.
Import into Eclipse - Done.
Ant Command (just "ant", ok?) - Got a BUILD SUCCESSFUL!
Look into eclipse... nothing.

See Attached picture.

Can be the SDK - liferay-plugins-sdk-6.2?
Attachment

Attachments: LiferayDev_prob.png (142.8k)

Answer
5/20/14 1:59 PM as a reply to Jack A. Rider.
Hello,

reinstalled Liferay Developer Studio,for him to take the new variables,and minimize the losses.
I installed Liferay 6.1,changed the build.properties in case, I created a new one,and after executing the command ant noticed that picked up the new settings,concluded successfully.
Generated the war inside the deploy folder of liferay. meaning that it is working on the new settings, but still not give me the files of the model package.

The platformis working withjava1.7.

Answer
5/20/14 2:36 PM as a reply to pedro lages menezes.
I have to apologize, ant build-service was the command, I'm a newbie, I was in build xml, run ant, I command and ready.
I am starting the tests here, very grateful for your attention.

Answer
5/20/14 2:38 PM as a reply to pedro lages menezes.
Thanks!!  Welcome aboard.