Release 2.2 announcement

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Release 2.2 announcement
Answer
11/14/12 8:03 AM
Hello community,   

It has been almost five months without a new release, but this only means that this new release has more bug fixes, features, innovations and collaborators than any one before.  I am thrilled to present you XMLPortletFactory 2.2, you are going to love it, just read the improvements related below:     

First, let me recall you of Moisés Belda and Jose Parra Martín both working at Activa, already known to all because of previous collaborations, have contributed in many new things like a brand new Export-to-Excel Feature that is going to be one of your prefered features. Trying to resume, I will mention, things like "Cascade Delete", where you get to delete detail records when deleting the master, and many bug fixes related to pagination, record filter and row selection.   

Introducing a new collaborator Deb Troxel, from TigerCub Technology  probably you also know from Liferay forums, has participated in many bug fixes, specially on areas of languages and upgrading record dates, etc.      

Also welcome Henri Leisma, currently at Ambientia has send us the Finnish translation. (kiitos paljon, Henri emoticon ) Great for many new users from Findland, tervetuloa kaikki (welcome all).       

Sure you remember Davide Rossi for the many contributions on the past version. Well, he was just getting ready for cruise speed, he has already prepared XMLPortletFactory for Liferay 6.2.x , upgraded velocity templates, added SDK 6.2.x reconigtion, upgraded dtd's definitions, fixed bugs on areas like css file names, language keys, etc. Modified definitions so you now have portlet titles without extension (-portlet), also in the add menu, and many others I dont remember right now, sorry Davide, you go too fast.       

Don't go away, Davide, also had time to contribute not one, but two great new features that you can enjoy from now on.  The first is the implementation of Liferay activities with XMLPortletFactory portlets through the new tag <generateActivity/> See here in detail.  And the second, but not less cool is Calculated Fields, a very usefull feature, you can read more here. Awesome Davide!!!       

Of course, for all of you that are wondering of what Juan Gonzalez del Pino is doing to surprise us this time, let me tell you that you are going to be very satisfied.  For starting, Juan added possibility of auto-installing portlets on control panel just by adding tag:

<showInControlPanel>true</showInControlPanel>

In <classDef> section. Easy, usefull and direct, just what doctor asked for. In between he upgraded 6.1.x velocity jsp templates to use AUI instead of forms and tables, great for usability, speed, SEO, browser compatibility, etc, etc.

And the greatest of all new features until now,Liferay ASSETS INTEGRATION, incredible new feature, with infinite possibilities, Juan and I, presented at Liferay Madrid Symposium, a RAD demo using Liferay and XMLPortletFactory Asset integration, were we showed how you can build a support and incidents application in minutes. (and without programming!!!). Here is a relation of the new tags used:

1<asset>
 2   <assetTitleFieldName/>
 3   <assetSummaryFieldName/>
 4   <categories/>
 5   <discussion/>
 6   <ratings/>
 7   <tags/>
 8   <relatedAssets/>
 9   <fullContentFieldName/>
10</asset>

Juan keeps surprising us, and hopefully all of you too. Thanks Juan!! from all of us. 

Well, many small and big things have been ignored in this anouncement, but you just have to download, install and start to enjoy.

Saludos, Jack A. Rider

Remember to follow us on Twitter @xmlpf for the next days announcements.

RE: Release 2.2 announcement
Answer
2/7/13 10:04 AM as a reply to Jack A. Rider.
Hi,
why compiling the AssetIntegration.xml file I get a SAXParseException saying element asset is not allowed?
I also checked the XSD definition and indeed the element is not in the definition.
The sample xml file says "This is a XMLPortletFactory (v.-2.5) XML definition file for Assets Integration testing purposesTested on Liferay 6.1.x", 
but the latest downloadable version of xmlpf is 2.2.

Can you please give me a feedback?
thanks
Davide.

Jack A. Rider:

And the greatest of all new features until now,Liferay ASSETS INTEGRATION, incredible new feature, with infinite possibilities, Juan and I, presented at Liferay Madrid Symposium, a RAD demo using Liferay and XMLPortletFactory Asset integration, were we showed how you can build a support and incidents application in minutes. (and without programming!!!). Here is a relation of the new tags used:

1<asset>
 2   <assetTitleFieldName/>
 3   <assetSummaryFieldName/>
 4   <categories/>
 5   <discussion/>
 6   <ratings/>
 7   <tags/>
 8   <relatedAssets/>
 9   <fullContentFieldName/>
10</asset>

Juan keeps surprising us, and hopefully all of you too. Thanks Juan!! from all of us. 

Well, many small and big things have been ignored in this anouncement, but you just have to download, install and start to enjoy.

Saludos, Jack A. Rider

Remember to follow us on Twitter @xmlpf for the next days announcements.

RE: Release 2.2 announcement
Answer
2/17/13 5:57 PM as a reply to Davide Piazza.
Hi Davide,

Please, can you post what steps did you follow for installing XMLPortletFactory?